Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 2 August 2019

Etherow Country Park and Keg Wood

I went back to Etherow Country Park and Keg Wood this afternoon as it felt like unfinished business, my having scuttled off rain stopped play on Wednesday. Ironically, I didn't see as many birds this time: all the small stuff could safely forage high up in the trees without any risk of being downed by torrential rain. The Mandarin ducks were the only woodland birds happy to pose for photographs today.

Mandarin ducks, Etherow Country Park
Preening Mandarin duck, Etherow Country Park
Preening Mandarin duck, Etherow Country Park

No comments:

Post a Comment