Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 21 September 2019

Local patch

Barton Clough, rosebay willowherbs in the foreground
A quiet, very quiet, hour's wander round my local patch. No blackbirds, just the one robin and a lone chiffchaff. The blackcaps and whitethroats have evidently moved on. Only three goldfinches, this time last year there were dozens.

I've come to the conclusion we've lost our local buzzard. I hope it's moved on to more productive pastures.

There should be plenty for the Winter thrushes to eat when they turn up.

Pyracanthus
Gulls flying overhead included half a dozen lesser black-backed gulls, a couple of first calendar-year common gulls and a first calendar-year yellow-legged gull, all drifting South towards the Mersey Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment