Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 12 May 2020

Home thoughts

The garden was enlivened by the arrival of a few more young sparrows. I'll have to get some more seed feeders to meet the new demand, the squirrels wrecked the last ones I had on the feeder near the house. A couple of blue tits were on the pine cones with the sparrows and the robin. It's been a few days since I last saw the great tits and a couple of weeks since I last saw the coal tits, I hope it's because they're busy.

A variation on the theme of having a couple of lesser black-backs on the school playing field today, a lesser black-back and a herring gull giving every impression of being a pair. I've seen odd singles of herring gulls round here over the past few weeks but no pairs. I'll be keeping an eye out to see if these two come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment