Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 11 June 2020

Home thoughts

A very blustery day with most everything in the garden keeping its head down waiting for it to blow over. For the first time in a week I missed the dawn chorus, I was so tired even the cat couldn't wake me up. The great tits and blue tits are looking decidedly tatty round the edges. The young goldfinches and the baby robin are showing grown-up colours.

A change in the weather brings the first hints of a change in season. The forty-odd woodpigeons feeding on the school playing field have been joined by the first batch of Summer gulls: an adult black-headed, a third-Summer herring and a pair of adult lesser black-backs with four first Summers in tow. This evening's rain has brought plenty of earthworms up to the surface so they'll be busy awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment