Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Wednesday 8 July 2020

Dawn chorus

Up at quarter past four, getting the cat in from playing tigers in the rain, I was puzzled by this morning's dawn chorus. There were the usual three blackbirds, the robin and the wren but they were almost drowned out by the calls of a flock of black-headed gulls. There was no sign of them on the school playing field, nor could I see them overhead. I could only think they must be on the play ground the other side of the school, (I wasn't up for getting dressed and walking round to find out). The post-breeding movement of gulls is definitely underway.

Further evidence that we're entering the dog days: I had to rescue an old maid moth from the bathroom on my way back to bed. Every year I'm surprised at the size of these beasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment