Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Sunday 21 August 2022

Local patch

Golden rod, Barton Clough

I've only had a couple of wanders round the local patch this month, both at teatime, and there wasn't much doing. I thought I'd have a mid-afternoon nosy to see what was about and after an hour the answer was: hardly anything. Had it not been for a lot of furtive squeaks and rustling in the last bush I looked at I wouldn't have managed a double-figure total. Desperately quiet, even by August lull standards.

  • 2 Black-headed Gull overhead
  • 2 Blackbird
  • 1 Blue Tit
  • 2 Carrion Crow
  • 1 Chaffinch
  • 1 Feral Pigeon overhead
  • 1 Goldfinch
  • 1 Greenfinch
  • 3 Lesser Black-backed Gull overhead
  • 4 Magpie
  • 9 Woodpigeon
Blackberries, Barton Clough


No comments:

Post a Comment