Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 26 January 2019

Number-crunching

Having noticed that my bird list for Pennington Flash had got to 98 species I got to wondering about some other sites. I've just done a quick trawl through my records for the past thirty years (they're not complete: there's eight years' worth missing in the middle because I've put the notebooks safe and can't remember where) and  here's a few highlights:

  • Bowling Green Marsh 90
  • Brandon Marsh 69
  • Carrington Moss 77
  • Chorlton Water Park/Sale Water Park complex 85
  • Crosby Marine Lake 87
  • Crossens 87
  • Dawlish/Dawlish Warren 115
  • Elton Reservoir 81
  • Exe Estuary 75
  • Frodsham Marsh 93
  • Hollingworth Lake 66
  • Hoylake/Red Rocks 68
  • Leighton Moss 132
  • Leasowe 57
  • Marshside 100
  • Martin Mere 145
  • New Brighton 49
  • Pennington Flash 98
  • Seaforth 92
  • Topsham 79
  • West Kirby 75

Snipe, Leighton Moss

Just kicking around in everyday life and keeping your eyes open seems to do no harm:
  • Manchester City Centre 33
  • Bolton 48
  • Radcliffe 66
  • Rochdale 60
  • Salford 55
  • Stretford 69
  • Wigan 59
And if you'd have asked me I'd have said the garden list was in the high twenties, it turns out to be 44.

Just goes to show. (I'm not sure what.)

No comments:

Post a Comment