Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 18 June 2019

South Kirkby

Any day's birdwatching involving an Iberian chiffchaff and a ferruginous duck within easy walk of a Yorkshire railway station is no bad thing.

From Moorthorpe Station I walked into South Kirkby and down to the end of Carr Lane (ten minutes' walk). Within minutes of passing under the railway bridge the Iberian chiffchaff obligingly started singing. I'd been warned that the walk from here to Johnny Brown's Common was a bit wet, that turned out to be an understatement! Still, it was worth the effort to get good views of the ferruginous duck on the pond there. Luckily I found a drier route back to the station.

Ferruginous duck, South Kirkby

Ferruginous duck, South Kirkby

No comments:

Post a Comment