Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 17 June 2019

Meanwhile, in a field of sheep on Frodsham Marsh…

A few hours' walking round Frodsham Marsh today while the weather was behaving itself. Plenty of warblers about and it was particularly nice to see good numbers of swifts over No.6 Lagoon, too many of my recent sightings have been of one or two where I'd expect to see a dozen or more.

Swift, Frodsham Marsh
Highlight of the day was bumping into the long-tailed duck that's been staying a few days on No.3 Lagoon. I'd pretty much decided I was having no luck with it today when there it was, on the last big puddle in the field. Not something you'd expect to see sharing a bit of water with some sheep, lapwings, shelduck and a coot. It's a lovely bird and I've never seen the male Summer plumage before.

Male long-tailed duck, Frodsham Marsh

Male long-tailed duck, Frodsham Marsh

Male long-tailed duck, Frodsham Marsh

Lapwings, shelduck and long-tailed duck, Frodsham Marsh

No comments:

Post a Comment