Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Sunday 22 December 2019

Garden

Blue tit
It must be Christmas: the first blackcap of Winter, a very spruce male, feeding on the Mahonia flowers in the back garden, much to the disgust of the blue tits that have been monopolising the bush for the past few weeks. I'm not sure if we've got four or five blue tits, there's one that regularly accompanies the silver team of house sparrows but I don't know if it's also one of the ones that bounce around the sycamores on the railway embankment at the bottom of the garden. There are two coal tits but they don't often come in together.

When I was a kid we never had jackdaws round here, these days it's unusual if there isn't a dozen of them bouncing round the school field across the road. One of them has discovered the fat feeders on the feeding station. A right bloody performance of it it makes, too.

Jackdaw

No comments:

Post a Comment