Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 31 December 2019

Home

The plan had been to have a day out at Southport to see what was around at Marshside and Crossens but I decided I wasn't going to end the year subject to the peculiar whims of Northern Rail.

Plenty about in the garden, I'm having to refill the feeders twice a week at the moment. The highlight of the day was a very brief visit by a very smart-looking female blackcap. The Mahonia at the bottom of the garden definitely earns it keep, as well as being very decorative at this time of year it's a very good small bird magnet. I'm never sure if the attraction is the nectar or the insects feeding on the nectar, or indeed both.

No comments:

Post a Comment