Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 29 February 2020

Etherow Country Park

Drake mandarin
I took advantage of the decent weather (once the morning's downpour stopped) for a quick hour's wander round Etherow Country Park to enjoy the mandarin ducks and to see if there were any dippers about. Family commitments meant I had one eye on the clock so I didn't have a wander round Keg Wood.

Mandarin duck
Drake mandarin
Mandarin duck
The river was very high after the past few day's rain so not only weren't there any dippers about there wasn't anything at all on the water. Luckily the ponds were teeming with birds. The cormorants loafing on the islands on the big pond included four sinensis.

Sinensis-type cormorant
Sinensis-type cormorant

No comments:

Post a Comment