Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 29 July 2021

Mooching round

Juvenile house sparrow

The pale spadger made a couple of appearances in the garden today, so I finally managed to get a good photo of it. The spadgers were mob-handed today, the two families coincided and emptied both the sunflower seed feeders.

Spadgers
  • Blackbird 1
  • Blue Tit 1
  • Collared Dove 2
  • Feral Pigeon 1
  • Great tit 2
  • House Sparrow 24
  • Woodpigeon 1

I had a lunch date in Rochdale so I had a late morning wander to see what was about in the town centre. Lots of pigeons but no sign of any of the Town Hall peregrines. And nothing on the river until we got to the bus station where a grey wagtail suddenly shot past and under the bridge.

I had planned on having a post-lunch wander round Watergrove Reservoir. I had a twenty minute wait for the bus and watching the weather worsen it occurred to me that I wouldn't have much fun at it and decided to postpone it. I'm hoping that we get some weather in the comfortable zone between scorchio and dreich sometime soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment