Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 29 January 2022

Big Garden Birdwatch

As predicted, the spadgers misbehaved for the Big Garden Birdwatch. As not predicted, they didn't hide next door, they set up shop first thing and monopolised the feeders all day, barely even letting the starlings get a look in. It's the first time this year I've had less than ten species of birds in the garden.

  • Blue Tit 2
  • Collared Dove 2
  • Great Tit 1
  • House Sparrow 23
  • Jackdaw 1
  • Starling 22
  • Woodpigeon 3

I'll give it another go tomorrow, I think, and submit the best of two.

Nice to bump into a grey wagtail while I was waiting for a bus at the corner of Deansgate, It's been a while since I last saw one here, I was starting to worry they'd moved on.


No comments:

Post a Comment