Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 1 April 2022

First quarter review

Reed bunting, Helsby

It's been a busy first three months of 2022. Much to my surprise the year list is already at 153 and that's with having no luck finding scaup, bean geese, grey partridge, wheatear or that snow goose that's spent the past two months bouncing round the Lancashire mosses. I'm fairly confident of hitting the 200 species target I've set myself though I suspect the accumulation will slow to a crawl by the end of May.

The growing year list January — March 2022

Aside from the day out to Scarborough I've limited myself to North West England, getting down as far as mid-Cheshire, pretty much neglecting the Fylde and nibbling round the seaboard of Cumbria. I've given Greater Manchester a lot of coverage though the "Must get a visit in there" list seems to grow rather than diminish.

"First-quarter year list" totals by recording area:

  • Greater Manchester: 93
  • Lancashire and North Merseyside: 116
  • Cheshire and Wirral: 98
  • Derbyshire: 22
  • Yorkshire: 48
Not a bad start to the birdwatching year and it keeps me out of mischief.


No comments:

Post a Comment