Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 17 December 2022

Lazy Saturday

I made the mistake of spending the morning catching up with the first day of the test match and ended up staying on till end of play. Which meant I stayed drier and warmer than if I'd gone for the planned walk. And I would have missed the family of long-tailed tits that sneaked in while the spadgers were away from the feeders.

The difference between one degree below zero and one degree above could be seen on the school playing field. The weather's supposed to be getting warmer and wetter over the next couple of days so I expect the numbers will be increasing.

  • Black-headed gull 13
  • Common gull 3
  • Herring gull 4
  • Lesser black-back 2
  • Jackdaw 5
  • Magpie 2
  • Rook 6

No comments:

Post a Comment