Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 9 April 2024

Rain stopped play

It had been a wild and windy night, raining stair rods throughout. Dawn chorus was just the one blackbird which should win medals for bloody-mindedness, no doubt the ones I manage to sleep through are jam-packed with exotic ornithology.

The morning was no better. I watched the rain falling at a satisfyingly correct 45° to the perpendicular and thought to myself: "Conkers to that."

Evidently so did the birds in the back garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment