Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 13 April 2024

Damp Saturday

I felt weary today and the weather didn't do anything to persuade me to push myself any. Most of the birds in the garden were being heard and not seen and I couldn't blame them. It's getting harder to see the woodpigeons and magpies in the trees now the buds are bursting.

Over the road the school playing was hosting a crowd scene: sixty-four woodpigeons, twenty-five magpies and eleven starlings. There were just the two jackdaws on the field, all the rest were scattered round the local chimney tops.


No comments:

Post a Comment