Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 1 April 2024

Home thoughts

Woodpigeon

The dawn chorus was the blackbird, the great tit and a woodpigeon. It struck me that they'd been late starting then I remembered we put the clocks forward yesterday. The collared dove made a start at lunchtime and settled down for an hour's singing. 

House sparrows

The great tits joined the spadgers and starlings in the demolition of the dozen fat balls I'd put out earlier. The dunnocks were too busy chasing each other round the blackcurrant bushes. I had a nice surprise at teatime, watching a chiffchaff bouncing about in the sycamores when a blackcap burst into song from somewhere in the ivies coating the bases of the trees. 

I guess we've got a touch of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment