Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 13 April 2020

More soap opera

Pear blossom
It looks like the rooks have managed to evict the carrion crows from the nest after all. A pair of them were fussing round it this afternoon. The original pair of crows were hanging round in one of the trees in the corner nearest the railway station in the company of the other pair that have been kicking about (no, I can't tell which is which).

I was putting some garden trimmings in the compost bin when I noticed a bird of prey flying North. I couldn't identify it by eye and by the time I got my bins it was fairly distant but just identifiable as a rather pale buzzard.

The song thrush that had been a regular element of the dawn chorus hadn't been around for a few days but it's back today, which is good news.

We've been having butterflies in the garden for over a week: peacocks, a couple of commas and a few green-veined whites. The first orange tip of the year turned up today.

No comments:

Post a Comment