Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 23 April 2020

Spring fever

I went out to put my bin out last night and found my neighbour craning his neck over the garden fence. "Are those hedgehogs doing what I think they're doing?" he asked. "Not yet, but by the sound of it they will be in a minute." And so they did.

As I was going to bed I thought I'd have one last look at the outside world. By one of those random coincidences a fox was trotting down the pavement on the other side of the road. It stopped opposite my house to have a snuffle round the base of the elder bush at the base of the fence. After a couple of minutes it turned, gave me a quick glance and trotted off on its way.

The blue tits have been busy in the garden today, with lots of chunnering at magpies and squirrels. I saw one of them visiting one of the nest boxes, an old one that was used by tree bumblebees a few years ago. It seems slightly late but I hope they are going to use it this year.

I nipped round to my dad's with some veg and on the way back the first swift of the year swooped overhead and over the school, bringing the year list to 130.

No comments:

Post a Comment