Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Wednesday 19 August 2020

Damp Wednesday

Nuthatch
The original plan was to say conkers to the weather and have a wander across Chat Moss in the hopes of passage migrants. Then I let the cat in for her breakfast and decided I'll take my raincoat for a walk somewhere a bit more sheltered instead.

Longford Park was a lot less busy than the other day so I managed to watch a few nuthatches and a ferocious battle between robins before the kids were launched out of the storytime tents.

Rye Bank Fields was completely fenced off again (it must be a full-time job for someone) so I couldn't have a wander round to see if yesterday's spotted flycatcher was still about. A wander round the perimeter in the pouring rain wasn't awfully rewarding.

The boundary hedge between Longford Park and Rye Bank Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment