Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Wednesday 23 September 2020

Home thoughts

Now that the woodpigeons have finally got round to eating half the rowan berries the blackbirds have moved in to fight over the remainders. They're so busy squabbling with each other most of the time they don't notice the woodpigeons haven't finished yet.

Thinking about this year's birdwatching I've concluded I'll be lucky to get over 175 species on the year list, small beer in the wider bear garden of concerns. It's not been all bad: a few of the birds I missed on Spring migration I've managed to pick up on their way back and I've managed to visit quite a few new places despite everything, including a couple within walking distance. I'll have to draw a new tread on my walking boots with a biro.

I'm old enough to remember when these were new boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment