Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 3 May 2022

Passing fancy

After a really lousy night's sleep I made the mistake of going back to bed after giving the cat her breakfast so today's planned outing was knocked on the head. After a late breakfast and a read of a book I did a bit of shopping and took a roundabout way home.

I was looking out of the window on the 356 bus between Uppermill and Diggle when I thought to myself: "That's an odd-looking buzzard." It was flying quite high with long, ponderous wingbeats like a great black-back flying into a headwind. It was an osprey, flying North and outpacing the bus.

I often tell myself you don't get to see anything without looking but this is silly.

2 comments:

  1. Love it when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes we worry how often it happens and I don't notice

    ReplyDelete