Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 20 May 2022

Etherow Country Park

Mandarin drake

I decided on an afternoon trip to Etherow Country Park to photograph mandarin ducks in the rain.

A pair of mandarins on the River Etherow

Mandarin drake

Mandarin duck

Mandarin drake

By the time I got to Keg Wood the weather had set its stall for pretty nasty so I conceded defeat. Obstinacy is a useful servant but a lousy master.

Coot

It took me longer than intended to get there because I made the mistake of getting the train to Stockport instead of the bus. It took me longer to get home than intended because I made the mistake of getting the bus from Stockport instead of the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment