Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 17 October 2019

Dawlish Warren and Exmouth

Started the day with a bit of seawatching from the seawall at Dawlish Warren. I'd hoped that last night's wet and windy weather might have brought something new in but sadly not and last night's ducks had also moved on. Still, a nice way to spend an hour.

Langstone Rock
I'd arranged to have lunch with friends in Exmouth. The cirl bunting was singing from one of the sycamores by Dawlish Warren Station, diving into the leaves every time I got my camera onto it. The tide was still high so plenty of ducks and waders could be seen from the train: plenty of wigeon and teal in the creeks and lots of oystercatchers and redshanks huddling up on the shoreline.

After a long lunch we had a brief walk along The Royal Avenue. The tide was pretty low by now and the estuary was dotted with gulls and brent geese.

Brent geese, Exmouth


No comments:

Post a Comment