Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 26 October 2019

Local patch

Lostock Park
An afternoon stroll round my local patch after the rain. It's been a very quiet few weeks here and I almost didn't bother but I was getting as stir crazy as the cat so I went for a wander. It turns out it was a good idea: we'd obviously had an influx of passerines with the bad weather:
  • Black-headed Gull 7
  • Blackbird 18
  • Blue Tit 16
  • Bullfinch 1
  • Carrion Crow 2
  • Chaffinch 1
  • Collared Dove 1
  • Dunnock 1
  • Feral Pigeon 4
  • Goldcrest 2
  • Goldfinch 49
  • Great Tit 10
  • Greenfinch 3
  • Herring Gull 1
  • House Sparrow 1
  • Jay 1
  • Lesser Black-backed Gull 4
  • Long-tailed Tit 18
  • Magpie 18
  • Mistle Thrush 1
  • Robin 6
  • Starling 11
  • Woodpigeon 31
  • Wren 6
Interesting that this is the first single-figure count of pigeons this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment