Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 3 October 2019

Garden

It's an odd thing but we don't get many chaffinches this side of the railway line. If I go for a walk round Stretford Meadows or past the local allotments there'll be chaffinches in the trees and bushes all year round, same as most any place else. At home, or if I go for a walk round Lostock Park, they tend to be Winter visitors.

Earlier than usual, but a definite sign the weather's changed.

Chaffinch
Every so often I'm struck by the modestly handsome look of a dunnock in fresh plumage.

Dunnock
Dunnock

No comments:

Post a Comment