Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 23 March 2020

Local Patch

Mistle thrush, Lostock Park
Another sunny day and me feeling fidgety so I went for an hour's stroll around the local patch. I more than observed social distancing requirements: the only time I was within five yards of anybody was when I went to rescue a football from a bramble patch for a couple of blokes because I was dressed sensibly and they were walking down the old railway line in shorts.

A few more robins and blackbirds about this time, five pairs of each, I think, though it doesn't always follow that one male and one female within a yard of each other is necessarily a pair. Definitely a pair of mistle thrushes in the park, with another singing from behind Barton Clough School. There were also two chiffchaffs now holding singing territories. We're back to normal numbers of pigeons these days after a quiet Winter, and more woodpigeons than usual: 48 counted and probably a couple missed in the copse by the flyover.

The thin passage of lesser black-backed gulls continues, all flying South-East from who knows where or why.

No comments:

Post a Comment