Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 2 January 2021

Home

Siskin silhouette

Another busy day in the garden with both troupes of sparrows in and out all day, a hit-and-run by a dozen starlings and eight magpies chasing each other past the garden and off down the railway line in one of their Winter pairing-up exercises. Back to the usual three blackbirds today, the male, the female and the first-Winter male which still has his youthful black beak.

Squinting into the low sun the shapes I could see flitting round in the top of the rowan tree turned out to be a pair of siskins, a garden first. For the first time today I hoped the sun would go behind a cloud so I wasn't only getting photos of silhouettes. An hour after they left the sun went in and it started snowing. Be careful what you wish for!


No comments:

Post a Comment