Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 29 January 2021

More home thoughts

Black-headed gulls and a (?first-Winter) common gull

Another mild late January day. We're a pigeon down after one of the local cats had it yesterday (my intervention was too little too late). The same cat strolled through this lunchtime which gave me and the cat I live with the opportunity to stare daggers at it. For some reason the cat I live with hasn't been out at all this month, she usually likes nosing round in the rain. Anyway, at least I know she's not bothering the bird life.

Plenty of black-headed gulls on the school field. Larger gulls were mostly heard but not seen, except for a first-Winter herring gull that loafed around for a bit. The handful of common gulls included a couple of younger birds, a first-Winter and a second-Winter I think. Young common gulls always have me scratching my head and I don't have the safety net of "probably a herring gull" that there is with larger gulls.

The dog fox decided to do a bit of early afternoon advertising, yelping awhile as he strolled down the railway line. His promenading was accompanied by seven magpies and six jackdaws, all torn between mobbing him and hanging onto his coattails in the hopes of getting scraps.

  • Black-headed Gull 7 overhead
  • Blackbird 1
  • Blue Tit 3
  • Carrion Crow 1
  • Coal Tit 1
  • Collared Dove 1
  • Goldfinch 1
  • Great Tit 1
  • House Sparrow 18
  • Jackdaw 6
  • Lesser Black-backed Gull 1 overhead
  • Long-tailed Tit 4
  • Magpie 7
  • Robin 1
  • Starling 21
  • Woodpigeon 3

No comments:

Post a Comment