Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Thursday 7 January 2021

Home

Collared dove

A light flurry of snow led to a bit more activity in the garden, not many more birds than the past couple of days but they nearly all stayed for the duration. I had my first exercise walk of the lockdown down into Stretford to do a shop, I could have put it off a few days for myself but there was a definite shortage of bird food. It was lucky that I did: I'd got as far as Park Road when I spotted a raven flying overhead towards Trafford Park. I've come to the conclusion that the local ravens only fly North in the afternoon (the only time I've seen one flying South it was mid-morning).

My (and the birds') luck was in: the shop in Stretford had a load of the fat-laden pine cones in stock. 

Blue tit

Today's garden tally:

  • Black-headed Gull 1
  • Blackbird 2
  • Blue Tit 4
  • Collared Dove 2
  • Dunnock 1
  • Goldfinch 2
  • Great Tit 2
  • House Sparrow 24
  • Jackdaw 2
  • Lesser Black-backed Gull 1
  • Long-tailed Tit 2
  • Magpie 1
  • Rook 1
  • Song Thrush 1
  • Starling 9
  • Woodpigeon 1

No comments:

Post a Comment