Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Sunday 21 February 2021

Home again

Hellebores

A much quieter day today and a leisurely morning in the garden for the birds. Plenty of signs of Spring with blackcap, collared dove, robin, goldfinch and woodpigeon singing in the trees. It was a relief to see the goldcrest back in the garden, fussing about in the Mahonia bush.

I spent a while cutting back some of the rose bushes, much to the disgust of the long-tailed tits that were trying to get to the feeder I was working round. While I was at it I resurrected an old bird table and set it up at the base of the Mahonia, I'm hoping it might get used by the collared doves and thrushes.

  • Black-headed Gull 3 overhead
  • Blackbird 1
  • Blackcap 1
  • Blue Tit 1
  • Carrion Crow 1
  • Collared Dove 2
  • Dunnock 1
  • Goldcrest 1
  • Goldfinch 3
  • House Sparrow 10
  • Jackdaw 3
  • Long-tailed Tit 4
  • Robin 1
  • Rook 1
  • Starling 13
  • Woodpigeon 1
It was a very quiet day on the school playing field. An astonishingly quiet day after yesterday's crowd scene.
  • Black-headed Gull 6
  • Great Tit 1
  • Jackdaw 4
  • Rook 3

No comments:

Post a Comment