Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Saturday 13 February 2021

Home thoughts

A cool, blowy day with bits of sunshine and lots of cloud had most of the garden birds keeping under cover most of the day. Under ordinary circumstances I'd have travelled out for a bit of birdwatching to recharge the batteries, it was the sort of day for wild goose chases in Southport or seeing what was about on the Wirral coast. As it was, I wasn't much inclined to drag myself round any of the local sites today and stayed home.

  • Black-headed Gull 2 overhead
  • Blackbird 2
  • Blue Tit 1
  • Carrion Crow 2
  • Collared Dove 2
  • Dunnock 2
  • Feral Pigeon 2
  • Great Tit 2
  • House Sparrow 10
  • Magpie 2
  • Robin 1
  • Rook 1
  • Song Thrush 1
  • Starling 9
  • Woodpigeon 2
I've no idea where the black-headed gulls were today, they certainly weren't on the school playing field.
  • Black-headed Gull 2
  • Carrion Crow 1
  • Common Gull 4
  • Herring Gull 3: 2 Adult, 2 2nd-winter
  • Jackdaw 12
  • Rook 7
  • Woodpigeon 10

No comments:

Post a Comment