Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Wednesday 30 December 2020

Home thoughts

Spadgers

The plan for today was for something rather more relaxed than yesterday's effort but a day of heavy mists put paid to that. A shame as we're now in Tier 4 (pretty much the same as the November lockdown) tomorrow. Ah well…

I wouldn't have bothered going out at all today had the spadgers not scoffed all the sunflower seeds. The shop was out of hulled sunflower seeds so the birds will have to undo the wrappers themselves.

All the giant pine cones have been stripped now and it's been weeks since the shops had any. I wonder if I can refill them using crumbled fat balls. Looks like I might have time on my hands to give it a go.
 
Great tit

Spadger

No comments:

Post a Comment