Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 28 December 2020

Snow

I had all sorts of plans for today involving making an effort to add to the year list but I had one of those nights where I wake up more tired than I was when I went to bed. I was surprised to see snow on the ground as I thought last night's rain would have stopped it sticking.

It snowed overnight so here's the obligatory "It's been snowing" photo.

The spadgers and a couple of goldfinches successfully guilt-tripped me into refilling one of the feeders by pointedly ignoring the feeders that were nearly full. Most days I get at least a dozen sparrows in, the goldfinches have been very occasional lately. There's generally a couple of blue tits knocking about and another couple come in with the great tits. I usually spot the female great tit first, she's a pale greyish green above and primrose yellow below, which makes her stand out against the dark background.

A small skein of pink-footed geese, nineteen birds in all, flew low over at lunchtime heading towards Chat Moss.

Just after lunch I wondered why the trees at the bottom of the garden were suddenly full of carrion crows and jackdaws. A fox poked its head out of the blackcurrant bush, spotted me reaching for my camera and promptly retreated whence it came.


No comments:

Post a Comment