Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 23 January 2024

Rainy day

Mute swans, Platt Fields

Another twilit day as the overnight wind abated and was replaced by pouring rain. The spadgers rushed out at lunchtime, hammered the feeders again and disappeared back into cover. Over the road ten herring gulls dominated the school playing field over the black-headed gulls and the rooks didn't turn up at all.

Being the type of person who gets stuff done when it's fresh in mind or it'll likely never happen at all I got myself a new camera. The next bus out passed by the entrance to Platt Fields so I had a go with the camera in point-and-click mode to see how it handles. The lack of weight is something for me to get used to and there's going to be a lot of muscle memory to unlearn but the results are encouraging, especially given the lousy light.

Coot

Tufted duck

Heron

Now let's batten down the hatches for the next storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment