Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 13 November 2020

Home thoughts

Long-tailed tit

It was a bright sunny day but I couldn't be bothered going out for a walk. I don't want to work my local walks to death before we're even halfway through the lockdown period.

I recently bought myself a pair of fleece-lined trousers, thinking they may be useful for Winter walking. I've tried them out and they turn out to have been a wise investment, my knees certainly felt the difference. I'll get myself another couple of pairs, they'll be useful if we get back to a world of Winter seawatching and wild goose chases.

The spadgers are giving the feeders some hammer at the moment. They'd be getting some more but someone or something has waltzed off with one of the seed feeders. I managed to catch the long-tailed tit flock this afternoon, usually I just see the last of the long black feathers bouncing over the garden fence. They're always a delight to watch. It's a week since I last saw a goldfinch, I'll have to get another seed feeder so they're not crowded out by the spadgers (I'll change the feed in the nyger feeder while I'm at it, they've been leaving that alone).

I'm only seeing woodpigeons every other day, I don't know what's happening there. It isn't just my garden, they've been thin on the ground everywhere the past couple of weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment