Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Monday 30 November 2020

Dreich

Autumn leaves

One of those bleak dark grey days of showers and thin drizzle punctuated by rain and heavy drizzle. Ordinarily I'd either have positively stayed at home or else gone out birdwatching somewhere sheltered like Etherow Country Park, or close to public transport links like Pennington Flash or Leighton Moss, or else gone the full sod it and gone for a wild goose chase in Southport. But these aren't ordinary times. It's a bit too wet and bleak for a walk round the Salford mosses and I can't muster any enthusiasm for spending a bleak day walking the muddy velodrome tracks of Chorlton, Stretford or Urmston.

It's been quieter in the garden today, with no sign of either the goldcrests or the coal tits though there's every chance I missed them while I was being sat on by the cat.

Tomorrow's weather looks more promising. Whatever the weather I'll be off to either Pennington Flash or Etherow Country Park on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment