Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 27 November 2020

Platt Fields

Platt Fields pond

I was in the area so I had a late lunchtime hour's wander round Platt Fields Park. The tit flock in the trees included a nuthatch, parakeets screeched in the treetops and a hundred or so black-headed gulls loafed noisily on the pond. All the ducks were either mallards or tufties and mute swans outnumbered the Canada geese. Joining the black-headed gulls were a dozen common gulls, a lesser black-back and half a dozen first-Winter herring gulls.

Nothing spectacular, just an nice hour's walk and a gentle bit of birdwatching.

Platt Fields pond


No comments:

Post a Comment