Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Friday 22 December 2023

Black-headed gulls

The fifty-odd black-headed gulls blown in on the school playing field across the road this morning prompted me to follow up on the idea of whether or not there's been a crash in the numbers here, perhaps due to avian flu. I record the visits here onto BirdTrack very nearly every day so I've got a decent dataset to work with; I had a look at the weekly peak counts over the past few years.

Peak count per week 2023
Red line = 100

Peak count per week 2022
Red line = 100

Peak count per week 2021
Red line = 100

Looks like I was right: this has been a very lean Autumn.


No comments:

Post a Comment