Black-tailed godwits, Leighton Moss

Public transport routes and services change and are sometimes axed completely. I'll try to update any changes as soon as I find out about them. Where bus services have been cancelled or renamed I'll strike through the obsolete bus number to mark this change.

Tuesday 5 December 2023

Lazy day

Waxwings, Hyde

My joints spent the night making their opinion known to me about sliding about in mud on the highest point of the landscape for miles around in December wind and rain so I decided to have an easy time of it and went to take photographs of the flock of forty-odd waxwings in the trees on Talbot Road in Hyde. They were a tad skittish and spent a lot of the time I was there sitting at the top of a row of poplars but they came down to feed a few times, never stopping more than a minute or so each time. Sadly I couldn't get them against a dark background and a lot of the photos turned out as silhouettes. Still, it's nice to get a picture of a flock of them.









No comments:

Post a Comment